In the sovereign providence of our God, the Governor of the State of Michigan sent out an executive March 24th “temporarily requiring the suspension of activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life.” For the time being we will be regularly meeting through our Facebook Live stream. We invite you to join us on Sundays and Wednesdays as we dive into God’s word together.
|Dear Calvary Family,|
In the sovereign providence of our God, the Governor of the State of Michigan sent out an executive order yesterday “temporarily requiring the suspension of activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life.” You can read this executive order here: Executive Order 2020-21 This means that for the next three weeks we are prohibited from meeting in person, in order to give some time to the state health care system to be equipped to sustain the medical demands that may occur from the virus. So, for the time being here is how we will strive to function as a local body:
1. We will continue to meet online through Facebook live-streaming Sunday mornings at 10:30am and Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm. We will be enjoying a series of Bible studies called Precious and Very Great Promises from Our Powerful and Glorious God: Familiar Verses for Unfamiliar Situations.
2. As God provides, we will continue to give our offerings by mail or through the online giving tool on our website
3. We will continue to pray for one another daily.
4. We will continue to look for ways to exercise our love and care for one another as our Lord has commanded and as He enables us to do so.
5. We will continue to walk together in unity as we strive to communicate with one another and encourage one another in Christ.
I look forward very much to seeing how God has planned to work in us and through us in this situation for His glory!
|“His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own glory and excellence, by which He has granted to us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.” 2 Peter 1:3-4|